Assistive Technology - Access to Literacy (Acadia University - EDUC 5163)

This blog is a collection of thoughts, assumptions and resources about Assistive Technolgy with a focus on literacy skills. Also included are ideas of how I will transfer my new found AT knowledge to my classroom. I hope you leave this blog having learned something new!


Thursday 19 July 2012

Day 11 - Signing Off!

It's time to sign off! I have spent the last two and a half weeks learning so much about assistive technology. I did not expect to learn as much as I did about the reading and the writing process. It is amazing what is involved with both of those processes.
I was thankful to be given the time to research different apps and software, most programs of which I had not heard of before.

The following link will lead you to our final project that I completed with Mandy, Steph and Gerri! It is a blog that gives an overview of the writing process, lists useful apps and software to support students with the writing process and also a little blurb about the differences between remedial and compensatory supports.

Supporting Writer's Blog

I enjoyed the hands on nature of this class, and also appreciated being able to play with the IPads! When I return to school in the fall, I know I will be pushing for IPods and IPads, and if my wish is granted, will utilize many of the tools that I have learned to support my students! Thanks for a great course!

No comments:

Post a Comment