Assistive Technology - Access to Literacy (Acadia University - EDUC 5163)

This blog is a collection of thoughts, assumptions and resources about Assistive Technolgy with a focus on literacy skills. Also included are ideas of how I will transfer my new found AT knowledge to my classroom. I hope you leave this blog having learned something new!


Wednesday 18 July 2012

Day 10 - Blogging about a Blog!

I was searching for mid-tech assistive technology for the writing process last night, and I wanted to make sure I included software about both remedial and compensatory technology. I had a very hard time finding assistive technology that aided in remediation. I ended up including timers, which is not a tool that I would have considered as being a remediation tool. You learn something new everyday!

I would also like to share why I love technology today! We are able to complete our course evaluations for this course online, which means we don't have to drive all the way here! Because of technology, we are saving so much money on gas! :)
Stay tuned for my signing off post tomorrow! I will also include the link to my other blog that we spent today creating called "Supporting Writer's". It will give you all sorts of practical information about the writing process and assistive technology that you can use to support the process with your students! I hope view our blog and use some of the great apps and software that we included.


No comments:

Post a Comment